From:
Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 19:30:33 -0400
I think my original sending was garbled.

My three examples of "borrowings":

A famous one is a theme from the slow movement of Stanford's Third Symphony
and the horn theme from the slow movement of Brahms' Third.

More blatant is the finale of conclusion the Pjiper First (and a little,
the Shostakovich Fifth conclusion) to the conclusion of the Mahler Third.

Not to mention the opening of John Williams' Superman to the opening of
Korngold's King's Row.

Roger Hecht