From:
Thanh-Tam Le <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 18:10:17 -0400
Mats <[log in to unmask]> to Peter <[log in to unmask]>:

>It is certainly correct that Atterberg wrote interesting music in all
>genres. Which of his Ballet Music has been released on SSD?

I can only find Suite barocco and Suite pastorale on SSD CD (besides
Symphony No. 2 ans Suite No. 3), and De favitska jungfrurna on LP...

>I am of another opinion: I think Moses Pergament deserves more attention,
>but those I know of the others you list, I don't give a rotten fish for.

That's a good thing.  I, for one, certainly would not swap Hermanson's
magnificent symphonies (No. 1, or No. 2 which Peter introduced me to),
Holewa's refined chamber works, or Allgen's slow movement from the violin
concerto for a rotten fish:-)  As for Pergament, that he remains so
little recorded on CD (while he is always quoted together with Rosenberg
and Nystroem in books) is a mystery to me.  His music is both colourful
and powerfully gripping.

Best wishes,

Thanh-Tam Le