From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 13:42:03 +0200
Joyce Maier [[log in to unmask]]:

>Speaking of this syndrome, do you maybe know more about a publication by a
>neurologist, already years ago (5?10?) about Mozart who is also supposed,
>sometimes, to have been a sufferer of the syndrome (which I doubt).

Well, Mozart had some very strange behaviour sometimes, what indicates
that he might have had this syndrome.  It is important to remember that a
person with Gilles de la Tourettes Syndrome, often shows only signs of some
characrteristica of the illness, not all.  And Mozart could write a good
composition on a paper, and around all the notes he writes on the paper
"cock, cock cock, ass, ass, asshole..." etc.  He also made sexual or toilet
jokes verbally that caused embarrasing situations.  Behaviour that could be
explained with this illness.  But to have this illness also doesn't mean
that you always behave strange.  The London polyhistor/lexicogrpher Samuel
Johnson is another example.

I have read about Gilles de la Tourettes syndrome, which is the complete
name of this genetic illness, that significantly many who has this syndrome
has better sence for rythm than average.

Mats Norrman