Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 08:55:13 +0200
From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Jocelyn Wang <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>That being said, there can be little doubt that Chopin was bisexual.
>Zamoyski quotes amply from letters Chopin wrote as a young man to another
>man that can hardly lead one to conclude otherwise.

If you take Chopins letter on the word, you will find when you read many
other 19th century romantics letters that they were gay.  But they were
not!  In this time it was common that men adressed each other with
completely different and on the surface more intime words than is usual to
day (although it still exists today, I write in a similar style to friends.
So when Chopin begin a letter to Franz Liszt with the words; "Oh, Franz, my
dearest love" etc, it is not a manifestation of homosexuality, but just a
way of writing which was popular in this time (early 19th century), and
probably a part of the reaction against the strict 18 th century, which I
mentioned in another post.

There you see, my beloved lady, it doesn't mean anything at all!:-)

Mats Norrman