Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 23:55:48 -0600
From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Jocelyn Wang wrote:

>The term "sacred cow" implies an irrational view that cannot hold up to
>scrutiny or critical thinking, so the mere act of referring to Mozart as
>such is bashing him.  And, frankly, Glenn Gould would have been better
>talented than he was if he had possessed one thousandth of Mozart's genius.

Now that's hitting below the belt.  Glenn Gould was a person of
unquestionable genius.  This is proven by his incredible facility at the
keyboard and his vast knowledge and memory for music.  Further his writings
and commentaries on music further prove, at least to me, that Gould was one
of the greatest musical minds of the last century.  I think that he easily
posessed a lion's share of genius, yea, even equal to Mozart.  That he was
unorthodox and that he isn't the darling of every radio programme director
on the planet does not discount the man's phenomenal ability, and to say
otherwise unfairly berates a great musician.

Kevin Sutton