Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Gonneke van Veldhuizen-Staas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 09:58:33 +0100
When I read the threads ab. refusing medical advise, parents or patients
acting illegally when doing things they believe are right and so on in the
USA, I always become a bit itchy. It is so hard for me (being Dutch) to
understand what law makers have to do with these items, especially, when I
also see on TV and in newspapers that in the USA it is perfectly legal to
buy guns, to train and maintain private armies. Isn't that more dangerous to
a lot of peoples health and life than refusing some rediculous doctor's
silly rules? On the one side USlife is regulated from the first hichup onto
the last burp, like following medical advice, the very rigid laws on
sexuality and body contact, the regulations about not taking unpacked
alcoholics on the public street, but at the other hand there are the very
loose laws on weapons. It's all very confusing.
I'm sorry for being a bit hard on this perhaps, but just had to write it
down

Gonneke van Veldhuizen, IBCLC, Maaseik, Belgium
mother to 5 growing up children
--- One who gives birth is partly mother, one who nurses is fully mother ---
Jacob Cats, 17th century