From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 14:22:25 PST
Satoshi Akima wrote of Mozart's music:

>It is not the work of some musical Messiah, straight from the mouth of God
>(cf GB Shaw).  It is the work of a mortal, who failed to quite fulfill his
>destiny.  His death is all the more painful for that.

There are more upbeat ways to look at it.  Although Mozart died at a young
age, he left a tremendous legacy of compositions, and I'm very thankful for
that.  He didn't fulfill his destiny? But perhaps he did, and there's also
the possibilty that Mozart's creativity and artistic level would not have
advanced with more years of life.

Don Satz