HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Gaye Nayton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 00:27:14 +0800
Joe

I have probably got the same cartridges from my Cossack site. details below.
It's not American so Cartridges of the World won't help.

Type 5. Rimfire cartridge, possibly British.
Cartridge Type: Rimmed straight. Head Stamp: 1C1. Bullet D.: 56mm. Neck D.:
57mm. Shoulder D.: None. Base D.: 57mm. Rim D.: 68mm. Case L.: 153mm.
Cartridge L.: 253mm.
1857-1940.

I have the cartridges at home if you want to compare them physically.

The date is the general date for that type of cartridge. A book on British
head stamps would be real useful. Let be know if you get a better
identification as to make, model and date. I have Cartridges of the World
and a whole set of bullets from Cossack if you have others to identify.

Gaye