From:
Philip Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 22:02:28 +0100
Dan Zimmerman wrote:

>Philip Peters corrected me and mentioned that he has 145 recordings of
>Winterreise.

Actually as of today it is *148*....
(sounds like athletic championships or a dangerously high temperature..;)

>This reminds me these January, while visiting my parents in Tel - Aviv,
>I heard on the radio what I considered to be an awful adaptation of
>Winterreise, where a small (string?) ensemble replaced the piano.
>Unfortunately, I don't remember more.  But IMHO there was really nothing
>memorable there.  But I thought I mention it in case Peter is interested
>and does not already own a recording of this unusual adaptation.

Er....would you mind terribly if we let that read *Philip*? I think this
may have been Hans Zender's weird contribution to Winterreise curiosities.
I have it and hate it.  But the singer is Hans-Peter Blochwitz and he is
a *good* singer.  One wonders why he didn't record Schubert's version...
Thanks for thinking of me!

Philip