From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 16:11:41 -0800
Mats Norrman wrote, re Jendo:

>Philip Peters <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>Just cheap. He is a totally unimaginative pianist.
>
>Nope. In some repertoires are very fine, especially his Liszt and Haydn.

I listened one night to samples of his Liszt and samples of Bolet's.
The latter's is absolutely magical.  Liquid tones.  Gorgeous chording,
technique that's all there but sometimes surprising because he doesn't
just rush along in everything.  I bought a 2-cd set of his Liszt (Title:
"Liebestraum") even though I have his second Great Pianists set that
concentrates on Liszt.

Jandos' playing was good, but when I heard Bolet play the same material,
what he brings out of the piano and from the music is just extraordinary.

Andrys in Berkeley
http://www.andrys.com/books.html
Search sheet music, videos, CDs, books