From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 14:18:14 PST
Len Fehskens corrected me:

>Liszt wasn't Russian.  He was Hungarian.

I knew he wasn't Russian - I had Rach./Tch. on the brain at the time.

The point I was thinking of but didn't write in my previous post is
that particular couplings often lead me to not purchase discs.  It's not
uncommon to find discs of, say, the Sibelius violin concerto coupled with
the Tchaikovsky - that's a combination I won't buy.  But, Sibelius with the
Nielsen violin concerto is a winner for me, particularly when performed by
Lin/Salonen on Sony.

Don Satz