HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
John McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 15:00:02 -0500
Neal-

I welcome your paper, but would hope that your title could tie more clearly
to the substance of your case studies in some way - maybe a subtitle?

Do you have access to the abstract form for the conference?  If not I cill
try to get you an electronic copy.  We have until June 1st to get the
materials together, so there is no reat rush.

BTW, with repect to one of your points in your "hand-grenade" post <grin>, I
will be speaking on my research on African-influence burial practices in
antebellum Philadelphia at an international conference on religion and
popular culture in Newcastle-on-Tyne, UK, this summer. I have also presented
at material culture conferences such as Winterthur, a performace studies
conference, and at the "Death, Dying, and Disposal" conference, both to
share my thoughts and to learn from practioners in field outside
archaeology.

Let's stay in touch,
John