HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 14:53:37 -0400
There are several HAER reports on Sugar euipment in Puerto Rico  (Hacienda
La Esperanza comes to mind 1860s West Point equipment) and the Virgin
Islands done back in the 70s.  The HAER reports all all listed in a recent
IA Journal (Society for Industrial Archaeology)

SIA Website: http://www.ss.mtu.edu/IA/sia.html

At 09:12 AM 10/22/99 +0000, you wrote:
>I'm looking for information on steam engine boilers, stone and brick
>boiler bases or platforms, and the archaeological study thereof.  Any
>suggested references?  My study involves an 1870s saw mill.
>Thanks in advance.
>Robert Douglass

David Hayes
MS Candidate