From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 09:24:08 +1000
Among the new releases on Naxos is Tintner's Symphony #00 (in F Minor), and
something called Volksfest (1878) Finale to Symphony #4.  My eyes tend to
glaze rapidly when I try to find my way through the labyrinth of Bruckner
symphony versions, but as I understand it, Bruckner 's 1878 version of the
4th contained a new scherzo and finale.  I can't find without some digging
which version of the 4th Tintner recorded but I'd assume the 1874 one.  My
question is: How different - if at all - is Volksfest from the version we
usually hear?

Richard Pennycuick