From:
David Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 23:01:23 -0800
Daryl Loomis wrote:

>The Entartete Musik (as coined by Hitler), or "Degenerate Music," series on
>Decca has proved to be a very interesting exploration that a lot of labels
>seem to shy away from.  ...
>
>I would like to get my hands on a complete list of the series, but I cannot
>find a way to get in touch with the label.  ...

Look for recordings of the music of Ervin Schulhof and Franz Schreker.
London has a series called "Entartete Musik" which means Degenerate Music
as labelled by Hitler.  Even some of Paul Hindemith's music was so listed!
The album called Tanz Grotesk has all three of these composers on it.  I
looked inside to see if other composers were named.  I found Ernst Krenek
and Korngold mentioned, but no others.  Try the London website, maybe.
Good luck.

Dave Wolf