"D. Stephen Heersink" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 17:28:45 -0800
Ron Ackermann mentions that it is time to stop qualifying Naxos with the
pejorative "for the price," and he's right.  I have over 2,000 CDs, and I
am happy to report a good third of them are Naxos.  Many duplicate existent
recordings, but a good many also introduced me to music I wouldn't have
paid thrice the price to audition.  I believe the classical music world is
indebted to Heymann and Naxos for keeping classical music active and alive.
(By the way, the Naxos CDs for Dvorak's tone poems and piano concerto are
outstanding recordings, as is also true for many of the quartets).

Stephen Heersink
San Francisco
http://home.att.net/~dshsfca/