From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 17:45:39 PST
Richard Pennycuick wrote:

>I'd also like to know something more of Susan Graham.

Concerning personal information, I only know that she's fairly young.  As
for recordings, I have two which she is a vocalist in - Schumann's Faust
on Sony (with Abbado), and the Berlioz opera titled Beatrice & Benedict on
Erato (with John Nelson).  Those two recordings are great, and Graham is a
fine singer.

She's also the vocalist in Stravinsky's Pulcinella on Delos which is
coupled with The Rite of Spring, and, probably most beneficial to Richard,
she is the featured singer on a Sony disc of Berlioz vocal works and pieces
including Les Nuits d'ete.  I remember that disc getting some outstanding
reviews, and her photograph is on the cover.

All these four discs are still available.  Richard, order them now and
maybe they will arrive before Valentine's Day.  Do you have that in
Australia? It's great for the card industry.

Don Satz