From:
Iain Simons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 21:22:27 -0500
John Smyth wrote:

>Regarding negative feelings about Liszt, one should definitely investigate
>Lizst's Sonata in B minor--it's quite a journey and suggests little in the
>way of insincerity to my ears.  My favorite modern performance is Krystian
>Zimerman on DG.
>
>Might change your mind!

I'm in a rush tonight, but I must take the time to agree.  I have the
infamous Sonata in B minor as preformed by Andre Watts on Sony.  Sometimes
Liszt can remind remind me of the "flashy" Jazz musician.  The difficulty
is determining what is "good" and what is just ol' flash.

Take the time listen.

Cheers, Iain Simons