Informal Science Education Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 16:03:42 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (40 lines)
ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology Centers
Incorporated, a worldwide network of science museums and related institutions.

Hello all,

As I hope to see many of you at the upcoming conference, I am able to provide a link to a new project that has been initiated.  This project is called the Exhibit Commons

Information can be found at our new site (some bugs still being worked on) which is:

www.exhibitcommons.org 

The idea, taken from the phenomena that is occurring across the world, is to open up some of the exhibits we are developing and allow the general public to develop, design, create an imagine new ways of operating, new content, whole new directions. In other words allow the public to play with our toys. Rather than run from the power that the general public now has at their fingertips we hope to embrace the fact that we live in a world that has the power to interpret what we do. Through the Exhibit Commons we hope to offer a chance to work with This new energy.

Although the exhibits in the Commons are Liberty Science Center exhibits now, we are looking for other science centers and museums who would like to experiment with This concept. We hope to make the site a nexus of links to things such as This. Since many of our exhibits are part of our expansion it will be a couple of years till This really sees the exhibition floor, but we hope to engage the public and field in making it work from the very get go - i.e. right now.

I look forward to your comments which can be emailed to me directly. Be aware I get the ASTC Listserv in digest form so I don't see entries very quickly.

Wayne

Wayne J LaBar
Vice President, Exhibitions and Theaters
Liberty Science Center
251 Phillip Street
Liberty State Park
Jersey City, NJ 07305

voice: 201.451.0006 x-347
fax: 201.451.7046

More information about the Informal Science Education Network and the
Association of Science-Technology Centers may be found at http://www.astc.org.
To remove your e-mail address from the ISEN-ASTC-L list, send the
message  SIGNOFF ISEN-ASTC-L in the BODY of a message to
[log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2