Dear Lacnet From a recent post: >I have a 4 day old finger feeding like crazy but no interest in sucking on >excellet milk filled breasts > >not tongue tied just cries and makes no attept to suck at breast > >Having mother put grape jam on niples to excite child > >Any suggestions >he just screems with frustration I think NCT bfcs would probably suggest keeping mother and baby close to each other for as much of the day and night as possible - just snuggled in together, so the baby can learn what a nice place the breast can be, and so the mother can be responsive to any 'ready to feed' cues the baby may be giving. The screaming may be a result of just one or two sessions with a helper who tried to push the baby on to the breast, or who persists in trying to latch the baby on when the baby is not interested. No, we would never (okay, I hardly ever use 'never' but this is one instance where it almost certainly applies) use jam on the nipples. Continue with finger or cup feeding if necessary - but given the right circumstances, and plenty of skin-to-skin contact, breastfeeding should replace it soon. This baby is only 4 days old - it's early days, and he has every chance of forgetting his frustration and rage, IMHO. Heather Welford Neil NCT bfc UK