Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2011 15:54:29 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
Thanks Nikki for your enthusiatic support. I needed that!!! Yes, it is so frustrating to see months of hard work go straight down the drain, just like others have seen in their breastfeeding endeavors. Well, it seems like I just can't get enough of this, so here we go again. Lansinoh has approached NABA to help it's new  line of feeding bottles become Code compliant as it works to convince Pigeon (Lansinoh's owner) to become Code compliant. I have been working for several months now with Lansinoh to help bring the mOmma line of products into compliance with the Code. Once this is done, it will be used as an example to convince Pigeon that Code compliance is part of the obligations that a corporation has in reducing the adverse influence on breastfeeding that certain marketing practices exert. Lansinoh is actually working quite hard right now  to urge compliance on the part of Pigeon. Pigeon has partially changed its marketing of feeding bottle and nipples but is not quite done yet. So we are waiting hopefully for this to happen. Once Pigeon completely meets its obligations under the Code and Lansinoh's new  line of bottles does the same, then we will have both comapnies in compliance as they should be. Let's hope that this happens soon.

Marsha Walker, RN, IBCLC
Weston, MA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2