Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:11:40 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (29 lines)
I also used to work at an institution where a physician did not want "most" of the LC's to see her
breastfeeding mothers.  Nor were any of the floor nurses to do any breastfeeding education or
assistance.  She wanted to do her BF ed. HER way; even if it was in the middle of the night (she
wouldn't come in, only tell them per phone she'd be in in the AM).  I mistakenly consulted one of
her patients where the mom asked for a pump kit which I gave her.  She had a hx of abundant
supply and wanted to pump for comfort when she got home.  Immediatly after the fact, I realized
my mistake and explained to the pt that her physican wanted to do her own ed. and had another
pump she wanted her to use.  Mom wanted to keep the kit I issued and thanked me.  Doc made
rounds just as I walked out of the room and she was really ticked off!!  Went to my boss and the
clinical educator and insisted they take action.  I was "ordered" to make out an incident report
which I refused to do (had already put in my notice and only had a few days left) and said if they
thought it was an "incident" they could fill it out.  So, I now have a letter of disipline in my file.  In
retrospect, I could have done the incident report to satisfy the doc, avoid a mark on my record,
and appear as a "game player".  Maybe my pride got in the way but I knew I didn't violate any dr's
orders and felt women deserved the right to access to care.
Suzanne (who tries to be smarter on playing the game)

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2