Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2014 22:16:44 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
Toni asked for recommendations among three types of pumps being offered to mothers in her practice area. Of the three she mentioned, I would encourage a mother to use the Hygeia. It is based on the Lactina model and therefore is hospital grade and could be resold if she chose. It is also recyclable, so when she is done pumping, she could instead send it back to the company to be recycled and keep it out of a landfill. 

Brenda asked if anyone had seen the new formula "Similac for Supplementation"... "for breastfeeding moms who choose to introduce formula." Yes, I have and the ploy works. A friend's daughter just had her second baby. She didn't have much success with first (soreness and engorgement led to bottles of formula which led to weaning) and seemed determined to have a better experience this time. Sure enough, at the first pediatrician appointment she was given the above product because, even though the baby had gained, she might find that the baby needed a little more after a feeding and would want this handy. Sure enough, engorgement hit and although she had a much better pump this time through her insurance, and had been able to get relief with its use, she proudly showed me that she had "the right" formula if she couldn't pump. Not too surprisingly, I haven't heard from her since - and sadly I don't think it is because breastfeeding is going perfectly. 

Cindy Garrison BS, IBCLC 
practicing in the Pittsburgh PA area 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2