Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 22:18:40 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
Our corporate breastfeeding CQI committee has recently written a  budget proposal for a traveling outreach breastfeeding education program to be presented during lunch hour in selected doctors' offices.  If approved, it will be a "Lunch and Learn" project where, along with lunch, our pediatrician/IBCLC and one of the hospital-based IBCLC's will present an hour educational program on breastfeeding issues and a copy of Thomas Hale's book on medications and breastfeeding.  

We are hoping this will be approved.  The budget proposal was written by a committee member who is an NICU nurse/IBCLC/MBA.  (I'm bragging - she's my daughter)  It was suggested by the ped/IBCLC on the committee, who is willing to be the main speaker.

Hopefully a doctor addressing other doctors will not generate the resistance that occurs when we "lesser beings" with different initials behind our names try to teach.  

I have approached several OB's and peds in our area and they were very receptive to the idea, even when I told them it was for the DOCTORS - not just the staff.  They promised to be there.

Keep your fingers crossed.  This, incidentally, is after 5 years of slowly bringing everybody along, referencing everything, sending off articles and research to back up recommendations to doctors, writing a monthly newsletter on breastfeeding issues which is sent to every mother/baby nurse, pediatrician, GP, and OB in the county, etc. etc. etc.

It takes patience for old beliefs to be edged out by the new stuff.  Eventually they will believe that it was their idea all along and start taking credit for it.  REALLY!
Deanne,
NICU

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2