Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2011 09:15:12 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
I remember how excited I was to have helped Evenflo meet its obligations under the Code. We worked for a year and a half to educate Evenflo administration and employees, change the packaging of infant feeding bottles and nipples, revise the entire website to be Code compliant, make sure that there were no other Code violations through social media sites or written materials. Evenflo was held up as a example of how a company could meet its obligations under the Code and be a good corporate citizen. I was informed last week by Evenflo that this has all changed. Evenflo is under new management with a new CEO and falling revenue from bottle sales. Evenflo is bringing out a new line of feeding bottles and wishes to market these products competitively. This means that the Code will no longer guide Evenflo's marketing of bottles and nipples. This affects Ameda who is owned by Evenflo and is a disappointing situation to have to report. Many of you will be seeing Code violating marketing now and as always please continue to report such violations to NABA (me!). It seems that no amount of persuasion and education were able to prevent this unfortunate turn of events. The bottom line has trumped the Code once again.

Marsha Walker, RN, IBCLC
Weston, MA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2