Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 22:50:49 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (1 lines)
Dear Lactation Angels, Need some advice. I have two job offers and am very torn on which one to accept, Well, I should say, my heart knows which one to choose but my ego/mind won't let me relax into it. I have been offered a job working in the OB/GYN clinic at Naval Medical Center San Diego, where I was active duty for four years, 3 years ago, working with the Midwifes and the OB's doing a little of everything including prenatal education. This job would greatly increase my skills as a Nurse and give me the experience I need to decide if I wish to pursue Nurse Midwifery. This is the one my heart tells me to take. The second job is also at NMCSD, but as a Lactation Consultant, the LC, I should say. Ideally , they are hoping to bring in at least two more people, however, funding is an issue. So for Now I would be it.....For developing program and answering consults, inpatient and outpatient. I have done this before at Camp Pendelton and only lasted 5 months, my stress level was so high, I grew an Endometrioma the size of a full term pregnancy in 5 months, and almost died during the surgery to have it and my ovary removed. So you can see my reluctance to take this on again even though I love Lactation. They really want me to take the LC job, I think partly because they are not getting any other bites. My heart tells me to tell them they would be better off waiting until they have gotten the other 2 positions funded and bringinh it all on at the same time, to avoid burning out some poor soul.Your thoughts? Lisa RN BSN IBCLC 

ATOM RSS1 RSS2