Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 06:43:59 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
Good morning all,
Our dog woke me at 5am this morning, and I decided it's a good time to start the day.  So, I am working on some outreach ideas for the peer counselors in our WIC breastfeeding peer counselor program.  One of our aims is to have a PC on duty in WIC clinics, both prenatal and postpartum.  She will be there generally to talk to breastfeeding moms or those planning to breastfeed.  We want to make the best use of PC time in clinics and avoid a lot of down-time because of cancelled appointments, etc.  So, I am thinking of fun, informational projects the PCs could work on and introduce in clinic, especially in the waiting room.  One such idea is a take on the Anti-Coloring Book.  Is anyone familiar with these?  The pages in the Anti-Coloring Books offer a line-drawn frame or partial drawing and a drawing suggestion.  For example, a breastfeeding one might include these pages:  what is your breastfed baby thinking (showing a baby with a big open though balloon above his head), why are nursing mothers afraid to. . . (frame might show a collage of frowning faces or shaking fingers or hands on hips), draw your idea of a perfect birth, what would your breastfeeding-friendly workplace look like, and so on.   Other project ideas I've come up with are: breastfeeding learning activity station, and a take-home breastfeeding activities bag.  I'd like to pick the Lactnet brain for more ideas on general project ideas and also more Anti-Coloring Book pages.  Anyone game?
Thanks,
Diane Dressler, LLLL, IBCLC
Vermont

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2