Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:42:45 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (32 lines)
These are some questions from a fellow Leader with a DCIS diagnosis.  Anyone who's had experience with any of these issues can respond directly to lactnet and/or to me ([log in to unmask]) and I'll forward notes intact to the Leader, with thanks!  If you prefer that your note not be forwarded (with names deleted), please let me know.  And if you'd like to establish direct contact with the Leader, let me know that too!  I know she'd love some back-and-forth with others who've "been there".

*Any LCs worked with a women with a DCIS diagnosis with necrosis and early microinvasion?

*What kind of lactation management was used during treatments?

*Has anyone done anything outside the norm of treatments?  Doing Sentinel Node Biopsy, then excision but allowing time to heal in between?  Spacing out excision and radiation longer than typical?  

*Any special considerations for Sentinel Node Biopsy with blue dye (isosulfan blue dye) and/or radioactive colloid (technetium-99)?

*Local anesthesia options for breast excision and sentinel node biopsy?  Concerns about those options?   

*Any known risks for keeping milk (not weaning) maintaining lactation in the affected breast for excision?  Sentinel Node Biopsy?  Radiation therapy?  With the understanding that excision will be messier with milk, I'm looking for specific risks.

*Is weaning essential on that side for radiation therapy?  What about the other side?  What if this is my last child?  (ie are the concerns with irradiating a lactating breast about damaging future lactation or about other health issues?)

Thank you all for your experiences on this.

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC  Ithaca, NY  USA
www.wiessinger.baka.com

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET email list is powered by LISTSERV (R).
There is only one LISTSERV. To learn more, visit:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2