Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2009 13:07:46 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
I have very mixed feelings about this site...  although comforting to read the comments that by  sharing images of their breasts, women are  finding real comfort knowing they're not alone.. i wonder if there will be a new grief to cope with when some of them find they cannot breastfeed.  We're so often told that all breast shapes are normal, teenage girls are told that one breast being bigger than the other is normal.. HOwever, I wonder if there is intervention in the puberty years that could offset this hormone imbalance and aid in the development of healthy, lactating breasts?  Does this fall under the LCs umbrella or is this another field entirely?  I realize that the USA is a country of 260 million people but I was a little shocked to see that most of the normal breasts on this site were examples of hypoplasia.  I wonder how common is this.  And I'm wondering if anyone knows any good research on this subject.

Kind regards
Georgia 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2