Wed, 9 May 2007 12:25:48 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/050907/opl_168467925.shtml:  

excerpt:

MOTHERS/ Wisdom across generations 

"There are few more emotional bonds than that of a mother and child....In special honor of our mothers, may I suggest you consider a special gift to a charity serving children, a program that works with teen moms, a shelter for victims of domestic violence or perhaps an agency that serves seniors....Wouldn't it be a wonderful tribute to our moms, in person, by card or as a memorial, to give that gift in her honor? 

My grandmother was a Russian immigrant........After 20 minutes, a nurse whispered to my grandmother that the young mother died after delivering a healthy girl. My grandmother told the others, and they planned a breast-feeding system for the hungry newborn...The next night, my mother was born..A cousin came to pay a visit. The cousin looked at the nursing baby, then briefly examined the crying infant in the bassinet. Pointing to the baby at my grandmother's breast, she said, "Your baby is far prettier." "That one is mine," laughed my grandmother, pointing to the crying one. "You leave your own to cry while you feed a stranger's baby?" the cousin whispered. "Yes. There's a baby with no mother, maybe no home. Mine can cry for a few minutes. She has both." ~JACK LEVINE, founder, 4Generations Institute, Tallahassee (FL, USA)

Vicki Hayes RN IBCLC, Brunswick GA, USA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2