Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 07:07:02 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (30 lines)
In 1994 Jeanette Panchula started a In Hospital LC practice.  I began helping her in 1997 till 2005.  I can tell you from my own experience, and I guess that Jeanette will fill in later.

First of all, I didnt work directly with the hospital...I was employed by a in hospital lactation clinic.  There were some sort of agreement between the clinic and the hospital, for exchange of the clinic facilities I provided my services.  I worked for all these years from 9 am  till 2 pm (though most of the time I stayed later).  

During these hours I did all sorts, from doing rounds (this is a hospital that has around 300 births a year).  I usually  saw those mothers who the hospital staff had trouble helping.  I answered phone calls, gave phone follow ups (to those who needed the extra mile), prenatal classes, working mother classes, NICU support group, and the regular support group--plus once or twice a year I taught the hospital personnel.  The education was once a month, the support groups were weekly.  In between, I did private consultations.

Sounds like a lot...and it was!!!  I guess sometimes we get taken advantage of because we love our job so much.  So my recommendation is to take it easy and not overload yourself.

Good luck!!!
  Carmen Cabrer, IBCLC, LLLL
  [log in to unmask]
  www.lacted.com
  Puerto Rico

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2