Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 2011 20:09:57 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
I have a client who contacted me with her 4 month old who is going through a nursing strike for 2 weeks. He will breastfeed at night if he is super tired, but wants nothing to do with it during the day. In fact if mom even brings him close to their nursing chair he begins to whimper. He has had two bouts of thrush, and the mother thinks he is traumatized with the breast. I suggest she go to bed with him through out the day, and make the breast as readily available as possible. This helped a bit, but now he is back to refusing the breast. She has plenty of milk, and can pump out 5 oz. She wants to exhaust all her options before completely opting for pumping and providing only. 
 I suggested that she try a re-birthing bath to see if that would help. She has tried the Nipple shield to see if it is a texture thing. I even suggested the Nipple Shield with an SNS to simulate the same flow as the bottle, but it didn't make any difference. Is there any other suggestions you could think of for this mommy? Thanks for your time and expertise.
Danielle Gauss, IBCLC, ICCE

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2