Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 09:03:01 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
I received a call from a colleague last night re: a friend who was experiencing recurrent episodes of bilateral breast swelling, pain, and occasionally leaking. She has had some visual diagnostics done (not sure which ones) and diagnosed by her MD with small ducts. The suggested treatment is ductal removal.  This has already been done in one of her breasts - to the right of nipple/areola.  She was in the ER last night with an "abscess" which was incised/drained for 2 TBS of fluid/packed  and then started on antibiotics. Don't know culture reports or what her blood work is like. She has seen an oncologist over this in the past and is now being referred to an endocrinologist.  She is not presently on birth control pills, the pain and leaking seems to be around menstruation.  Anyone have similar situations to offer?  I know there are gaps in the story here. She is in her late 20's, hx. of anorexia, married last year and off birth control. 

There has been discussion about removing more ducts. 
Suggestions for further discussion and inquiries, from your own experiences would be greatly appreciated. This is an interesting case. The young lady is going through allot, I am sorry for that and worry about mismanagement along the way!? 
Sue - Indiana, PA.

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2