Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 May 2011 09:11:37 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (28 lines)
 In both cases, these babies need structural work. A pediatric chiropractor is my first choice, but a CST or other bodyworker who is expert with babies is also fine, so long as they understand breastfeeding physiology. I do not know how most babies would ever feed well after revision of a TT if they did not get bodywork--the compensations do not just magically disappear. And any baby who is clamping, chomping or biting needs an adjustment. 

Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, France
Intuitive Parenting Network, LLC

From:    Anita Sweet <[log in to unmask]>Subject: 2 week old bitingI am seeking your help again. I have been working with this mom and > baby since DOL 1. She has been a challenge to latch deeply. Her tongue > is large for her mouth and pretty long (Pedi agrees). With diligent > attention to deep latch Mom's nipples have healed and pain is gone. > Except this little one bites and has since day one. She bites randomly > throughout the feeding, and on your finger when she sucks on it. Mom > takes her right off the breast and re-latches her. Occasionally she willgulp during a fdg but does not choke.> Mom does take her off the breast when she starts choking but does not > think this helps stop the biting. Does anyone have any suggestions forthis pair?> I would really appreciate your help. This Mom does know and agreed to > my posting to all of you. Thank you in advance for any help .> > Kim Sweet RN, IBCLC> 

Subject: After FrenotomyI am frustrated for this mom.  The Mom I posted about previously had her baby's posterior tongue tie released with laser surgery two days ago.  His labial frenulum was also released.  He is still latching shallowly and hurting mom.  Does anyone have ideas for helping her?  So far I have suggested:-Lifting exercises to keep frenulums from re-attaching.-Biological nurtuting positions.-Tongue exercises- massage that works backwards along the tongue and pushing down on tongue while slowly removing finger while baby is suckling.-Breast shaping for deeper asymmetrical latch.-What else?-Laura Spitzfaden LLLL, IBCLC             

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2