Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 2015 11:42:20 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
The baby was being grossly overfed at six weeks... no wonder he has tummy trouble.  I highly recommend this video showing paced bottle feeding.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH4T70OSzGs

Yes, mothers worry incessantly about having enough when they go back to work.  But they only need enough for one day plus a little bit more for peace of mind.  I think they fail to understand how pumping at work results in "tomorrow's" milk.  I blame it on mothers having pumps even before they deliver.  Back in "my" day we only stored a day or two's worth of milk at any given time, and we were perfectly fine.  <shrug>

I think they need to know that they have two choices.  Potential oversupply from so much pumping, or give it a rest and trust their body.  Worst case scenario, they do some extra pumping after they return to work, maybe at night or early AM before work.  

Another problem I see is the mother starts relying on her massive stash of milk, cause she's busy... she doesn't pump to make up for it, and her supply tanks.  So how much help was that stash, really?

Sue Jacoby IBCLC
California

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2