Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2009 08:47:30 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
Personally I am glad that no one suggested to me that my perky little widely spaced breasts that never needed a bra "might not produce enough milk".  Now, I was surrounded by lots of breastfeeding moms so I knew what was normal, but I never weighed my five children more than 3 times a year at most - birth, six months, and a year old.  They all grew at very different levels. One was 19 lbs at a year while another was off the charts. They however, never had pacifiers, and nursed on demand and through the night.  

I really think moms need to know how to know if the baby is getting enough and is really getting milk, and God gave most women 1 baby and two breasts. At least where I live, woman already doubt breastmilk enough to even try! 

Karen Graham, IBCLC, LLL 31 years in Central PA, closing our solo OB practice after 23 years and moving to NY to join a big group of midwives and doctors so that we will "have a life".  

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2