Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:26:42 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
Not just to change the subject (tho I confess I'm ready for that), I wondered how many of you might have read the article in the Nov.5, 2007 issue of Newsweek magazine.  Cover story (pix of child wearing a gas mask): "Kids and the Growing Food Allergy Threat".

Not one mention, pro or con, of breastfeeding, human milk feeding, or any such related factor.  I couldn't believe it.  I didn't expect much, but to find nothing blew me away.  Lots of discussion about how allergies are set up in "early" life on a cellular level, but nothing about what these kids are/were eating!  I'm not surprised that peanut allergy is huge these days, since as any farmer can tell you, soybeans and peanuts are practically siblings, much closer than cousins, and think of all the babies on soy-based formulas over the last 20 years!

I haven' thought through my letter to the editor yet, but perhaps a flood of them would get some sort of response?  Maybe even someone on the ABM board or the AAP/SOB might be lurking and will write in?
--
Kay McKee

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2