Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2012 12:24:34 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
Jean,

Funny you should mention it.  I spent most of last week working on a poster for my WIC clinics....It has a pic of a baby at the breast, and a letter from mom which reads:  "Dear Baby,   Go ahead, have all you want.  I will make more.  Love, Mom

And below, I had written "The more milk is removed from the breast, the more milk is replaced."  But towards the end of the week, after looking at this poster over and over and over, it finally hit ME that it would make more sense to my clientele to say:

"The more OFTEN baby removes milk from the breast, the more milk is replaced."  (Note I added BABY to the mix)

Great minds think alike.   By the way, at one point someone suggested to change the word "replaced" with "produced."  I vetoed this, because our moms tend to believe THEY CAN"T PRODUCE  "Replacement" seems more automatic and out of their ability to control, thus more easily believed to be possible, I hope!

Sue Jacoby, never giving up on trying to find those magic words to break through to moms!

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2