Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 10:12:36 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
I saw this segment on GMA this a.m. also.  I was also a bit disturbed by the first mother's story.  As others have said, she found the idea of drinking breastmilk disgusting, she was made to drink from all three bottles (just taste, not drain them) and thought they were then contaminated so she
couldn't feed them to the baby. This, then "forced" to actually breastfeed her baby on the airplane which she chooses not to do in public, she said.   *Fortunately* for her, her seat mate was a woman who held a blanket up so that she could nurse her baby on the plane!  This is another twist on the
"I want my baby to get my breastmilk because I know it's best for them, but ooooohhhh, I am not comfortable with the idea of breastfeeding" saga, where women are more comfortable putting a machine on their breast than a baby.  Sigh...we still have work to do, but at least her baby was still getting
breastmilk!

Marsha, who is wiped out after, first the conference, then WBW.  Hope it went great for all my list-mates!

Marsha Glass RN,BSN,IBCLC~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mothers have as powerful an influence over the welfare of future generations as all other earthly causes combined.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~John S. C. Abbot~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2