Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jul 2011 13:16:09 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
Hi, all,

I've been following this thread with great interest -- absorbing your thoughts and ideas about what mothers need in a sleep book -- because I and Diane Wiessinger and Teresa Pitman are just about to embark on a new writing project:  a book about the unique safety of bed-sharing with a breastfed baby.  From our market research, we do not know of any book on the market that specifically addresses the differences between co-sleeping and bed-sharing with breastfed and formula-fed babies.  

We have amassed a great deal of research and empirical support for this topic to reassure breastfeeding mothers that their natural instinct to share sleep is not only safe, but **safer** than sleeping separately (with the obvious caveats about appropriate surfaces, etc).  We plan to share a wealth of tried-and-true tips to make it work for various family situations, as well as discuss all the issues that surround this sensitive topic.

Diane and Teresa and I are very excited about this project.  We are in early contract negotiations, so we can't reveal our publisher quite yet, but when the contracts have been duly signed we will make an announcement here and on other forums.  We expect the project to take about a year, so hopefully the book will be available at the end of 2012.

In the meantime, we would appreciate any and all ideas that you have for how this book can best meet the needs of your clients.  To avoid cluttering the list, please email me privately at [log in to unmask]  We will be very grateful for any thoughts you have on this topic.  

Diana West, BA, IBCLC
Long Valley, NJ  

Sent from my Fantabulous iPad

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2