Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2013 20:08:41 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
I did not notice Karen Gromada's excellent website, with many photos of positioning at various ages, mentioned: http://www.karengromada.com/.  

Most moms of twins I speak with find a good-quality foam twin nursing pillow invaluable, and I've heard from several that the inflatable varieties don't work as well.  EZ2 Nurse was the brand I used personally, I still hear that mentioned as well as the My Breast Friend twin pillow.  These pillows are designed for supporting 2 babies at a time hands-free, are quite larger & more stable than the standard nursing pillows.  One side is flat, the 2nd angled toward Mom's body, so baby rolls into Mom, which really helps especially with tiny newborns.  They also strap to Mom's body, so won't shift away while Mom tries to maneuver babies into position, and baby won't slip off or between Mom's body/pillow.

And as Pat says, tincture of time & help!  Even if she has to hire a postpartum doula or other caregiver, having someone to hand her babies for part of the day can make a big difference over the next handful of weeks.  

Cheri Kannarr, LLL of Davis, CA, USA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2