Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2012 09:15:04 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (29 lines)
I feel your pain!  :-)  I am doing something similar by trying to put together Nursing Mamas groups and Breastfeeding classes that are outside of our required WIC visits.  These are brand new programs in the counties I work in, so the first couple of times I got 1 mom or none...

Here are some things I have done with varied amounts of success as a WIC Peer Counselor.
1) Create a sign up list for interested moms with their contact info (cell/email/mail)
2) Send out a mailed invite (if you are in a state where you can email the invite, that would cut down on costs.)
3) Request RSVPs
4) Do reminder calls the week prior to the event.
5) Announcements in the local paper (we are a small rural area so most of the moms in our area are on WIC.)
6) Posting announcements on social media to advertise the event to like-minded folks, like the local birth center page or to local LCs. 

It is a big chunk of my time to create this community.  Once the momentum begins, it gets easier.  Our last group had 5 moms & babies.  Hoping to have 10 this month!

I am with you about not wanting to give moms more paper.  I have had the best response in one county with mailed invites.  The other is better with phone calls.

Good luck!
Lisa Paul, ICCE
Peer Counselor

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2