Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2012 18:24:17 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
Hi Everyone, I wanted to share what's been going on with my Facebook account. As some of you may know, I was reported to Facebook for harassment or something like that. I posted that I was disappointed in someone who was stating she was IBCLC when she was not. It was particularly concerning to me because I learn most of my relevant and up-to-date by sharing with whom I consider to be experts in the field - you! I was afraid that someone would follow this IBCLC imposter's poor advice.

Since then weird things were happening on Facebook. My profile pic was of a man one night! I was locked out of posting my own pictures. I posted a picture comparing a bar-maid to a breastfeeding mother which was duplicated on my wall and shared but I was not able to see to whom nor was I able to delete it from my wall. I also saw that my Facebook account had been accessed by someone else's Iphone in another state. I changed my password 4 times and followed all the security measures recommended by Facebook but it still continued.

Due to my concern about not only my children's photos and information being shared inappropriately but out of concern for my friends and "moms" pictures being shared inappropriately, I de-activated my Facebook account. This includes my Cradlehold business page and my virtual new mom's group, Wednesday Afternoon Weigh-Ins.

Maybe all of this is completely coincidental and I got some type of virus when clicking on a certain link. I like to play on Pinterest and have other apps so who knows? However, I've had Facebook for years and Never had problems before being reported.

I just wanted to share what happened to me. If you have any doubt about your security, go to Security on the upper left hand corner and follow the steps suggested to keep your information secure.

Please keep in touch ~ Dana

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2