Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 2004 02:47:27 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (1 lines)
On the ABC Board, you will read that one woman believes that she passed on the predispostion to an allergy to poison oak in her breasmilk, another believes her baby would have starved w/o the 4 ounces of AIM he received after birth, several believe that their meds would be dangerous for their babies to ingest (although AIM is safe!!!), some report that their doctors ordered them to stop bf'ing, so many believe that they absolutey could not make enough milk that it is amazing, many report that their AF babes are far healthier than the bf babies they know (although I doubt they know many exclusively bf babies), most have no understanding of how studies are done and that exclusivity actually means anything, and BF Nazi is a very popular term. We may all love the 20/20 expose, but I don't think women want to know that these companies are not their saviours. Honestly, reading this board is like getting all the myths, lies and misinformation we all complain about at once. I think perhpas it is more useful to us than the segment itself.
Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT USA

ATOM RSS1 RSS2