Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2017 11:23:49 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
(Pending approval on FB lactnet but I'm seeing this client this evening and need ideas)

I am completely stumped and need ideas, please. Unfortunately I wasn't able to see this dyad before they had ties released, so I have no idea how the tongue functioned before hand. 

8 wks old. Mom noticed clicking and gas from 2 weeks, but it was increasing.  No pain, but she has a strong let down and oversupply, so not surprised. Self referred to ped dentist, TT/LT released by really respected provider (laser). I see them the day after. Lateralization, extension, and elevation are what you would expect right after a revision (top notch), but correct peristalsis was nearly impossible to achieve and baby could not draw milk effectively. Finally got it after turning baby's head to one direction. Coupled with some other findings and bingo, torticollis and off to the chiropractor they go. Recommended nursing in positions that were comfortable for baby until torticollis was worked on. 

Things were improving.  Baby was able to maintain latch and was able to extend the neck in positions that couldn't be done before after multiple chiro appointments and at-home exercises. But now Mom is experiencing pain on one side, baby is unable to keep upper lip flanged, is spitting up 10-15 times a day and is miserable. These were not issues before ties were revised. Clicking was the only original problem and is better but has not fully resolved. I know mom is likely experiencing pain because of that upper lip, but what gives? 

What am I missing? I am going to see them later today, but this is a really odd one for me. As I said, I wasn't able to see them before which makes this much more difficult, but I've never seen a case that seemingly goes backwards issue-wise after revision and chiropractic by skilled providers.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2