Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2014 04:50:20 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
I am working with a primip with severe nipple inversions.  She has brought them out with pumping and breast shells somewhat before I saw her at 5 days. I helped her use symphony pump more effectively and obtaining 1/2-1oz now but still needs to supplement with formula. Her mother is nursing a 4 wk old but does not feel she has enough to share and was not convinced that might be something her daughter or she would want.  They bought supple cups but too small. Has anyone worked with these yet? I am not convinced they work. i have my doubts this mom can produce a full milk supply. I suggested an SNS but they did not want to buy it yet ( rather buy formula!) i was able to get baby to nurse with a shield but doing a follow up visit in 2 days to see how she is progressing. Fortunately, no tt in baby noted.  Any suggestions, see another LC working with this problem but at least no surgery done on my mom before pregnancy. Tia!

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2