Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2008 10:05:47 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
I love reading the comments from our kids about their views on breastfeeding. My youngest son, Cody, is now working as a lifeguard at a Disney property. He came home for a few days last week, and of course, my daughter and I had to ask what did he learn in orientation about breastfeeding moms. He said that nothing was said about breastfeeding and why would it. We told him about the law in Florida protecting a mom's right to breastfeed and that no one can ask a breastfeeding mom to move to another area, etc. I asked him if someone came up to him and complained that a mother was nursing at the pool, what would he say. He said he'd say to mind your own business.? He asked why someone would complain about that. Stacy and I tried to explain about how some moms had been asked to leave a pool for nursing and he was completely amazed. He said he never thought someone would even think breastfeeding would be offensive. He said he'd just tell anyone who complains, to go somewhere else and stop acting like an idiot. I asked if they were told where the mother/baby centers were, and he said no, he just thought mothers nursed whereever they were. So if anyone goes to Disney this summer, you have a friendly lifeguard?at the Coronado Resort.
He is 19 yrs old, and nursed for just over 3 yrs. And of course grew up at LLLI conferences and meetings. 

Barbara Whitehead
eastern NC ( am still recovering from C Dif-still very weak---please continue to advocate? handwashing ?in healthcare settings, and not hand sanitizing!)

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2