Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2011 09:50:51 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
I  haven't posted on here for a few months. Our house was heavily damaged by Hurricane Irene in late August, and we have had to move. We have been through 2 hotels and now am in a rental house. Our house was built in 1926 and contain asbetos and lead based paint which has to be removed before we can remodel. The removal will cost about $25,000 and insurance does not cover that. We can demolish the house for about $6500 ( again not covered by insurance) and then rebuild, which seems to be the course we will take but am having to deal with insurance for payment of storm related damage repairs. The day of the storm, 2 of my children and their children, including a 5 week old and a 7 month old, had evacuated to our house because we thought it would be the safe place to be. Wind peeled off the roof and water poured in for 10 hours. We kept the children under the kitchen table, along with 2 nursing moms! In between bands of the storm, the girls would come out from under the table and help me get photos, quilts, family heirlooms into garbage bags so those were saved. We lost all the upholstered furniture, rugs, and all the linens that  we used to try to mop up water. We have applied for help from FEMA but so far, nothing. We are all safe, the babies are growing and doing well which is the biggest blessings. I think of you all often and are so thankful that you are working to ensure babies have the opportunities for healthier lives.

Barbara Whitehead
eastern NC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2