Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2010 04:04:36 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
We have about 6 pumps, *I think*, for our 25 beds, which are now spread between two buildings.  The NICU has several of its own too.  We loan pumps to other departments occasionally, like if there is a mother admitted for some other reason without her baby and it's the middle of the night and she needs to express.

Our pumps are still the Egnell SMB model, the prototype of the modern breastpump, and my fantasy is of getting them to talk about all they've seen through the 50 years they have been in use, following the maternity ward through three moves of buildings.  We have mothers now whose GRANDMOTHERS may have used the exact same machine they are using.  They are amazing machines and if the hospital ever decides to downgrade to newer models I will personally buy up every last one and think of some way to put them to good use.

I can not recall a mother ever having to wait more than about five minutes to use a pump.

Rachel Myr
Kristiansand, Norway

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2