Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 2015 07:03:32 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
Having pumped for both my children using conventional storage bags (Lansinoh, in case you're wondering), I'd say this sounds like an expensive way of solving problems that I found to be very minimal or non-existent in practice.

Leaking bags? Had a freebie sample leak once (can't remember which brand or I'd tell you, but it had a wire tie to fasten around the top, if that helps), but can't remember ever having a Lansinoh bag leak on me in a total of sixteen months of using them regularly (eight months per child).

Pouring from bag to bottle? Yeah, I was nervous about this, but it was quite easy in practice and I don't remember any problems with spillage. And I am not Ms Dexterity.

Storing in date order? Cleared out a shelf in the freezer, stacked the bags on there. Incoming bags went on top of the stack, and when I wanted a bag I slid one out from the bottom of the stack. I found out the hard way it's important to take a second to check the bag's flat with no corners poking up before you leave it to freeze, but other than that it was a simple system that worked well and gave me space to store a lot more milk than would have been possible with that contraption taking up space.

I can't even figure out from that page how many pouches and teats are in the gift set, but I'm guessing it's a lot fewer than you could buy with that same money if getting Lansinoh bags and whatever you care for in the way of ordinary bottles/teats. Wouldn't recommend it.

Best wishes,

Sarah

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2